Mold can be a serious health risk to any homeowner and the sooner it is detected the better. Having personally lived in a home that had mold in the laundry room I can tell you first hand that it is not something to take lightly. To remediate and repair the affected areas I had to rip out out all the drywall and insulation in the entire room. This work had to be done as mold carries chemicals and spores that can easily spread. I caution doing this type of removal work on your own as it needs to be done right so that it never occurs again. In my case, I hired a professional team that was equipped to properly handle the situation. My family's well bein g came first and I was relieved to have the mold dealt with as soon as it was discovered.