Less than three years after being built, Pass Christian has shut down Fire Station 2, but why so soon? The closing was due mostly in part to a mold problem that was making the firemen sick.
Pass Christian Mayor McDermott explained why they closed the Fire Station 2, which is located across the street from Pass Christian High School.
"Our project manager who helps with all the projects like that, identified some mold that we believe is a result of ventilation problems. At the last city council meeting the chief brought up the problem and moved them out of Fire Station 2 and moved them into Fire Station 1," McDermott said.